I’ve talked a lot about how much I love Pinterest and how easy it is to get a decent amount of traffic on this platform. Initially, this was a comparison post of two platforms – Boardbooster and Tailwind. But as of 27th of June, 2018, Boardbooster is officially out of the game. Therefore, Tailwind has become the best Pinterest scheduling tool. Let’s see if it’s worth your time and money!
First, let me say that I’m very sad about Boardbooster’s announcement to leave the Pinterest scheduling game. While it wasn’t the very best platform out there, I still loved it big time. I decided to start scheduling my pins just because of the success Boardbooster gave me as fast as in the first few weeks.
At the same time, Tailwind has already been the only official Pinterest partner, therefore, it came as a no surprise that they’re the only strong player in the game now.
This blog post includes affiliate links. When purchasing the product through this link, you can support this blog at no additional cost to yourself. Thank you! 🙂
Is Tailwind the best Pinterest scheduling tool?
To answer this question simply, I’d say yes – Tailwind is the best Pinterest scheduling tool out there. First of all, because it’s the single one that’s an actual Pinterest partner. It’s also widely used and most bloggers find it to be very effective.
Here are just a few of the best Tailwind features:
- They have a great user interface, nice design to work with;
- They have almost all the same features as Boardbooster did;
- You’ll have the option to use Tailwind tribes;
- You can easily follow the stats and understand which pins are performing the best;
- They have a great support system!
Tribes is one of the features people love the most about this Pinterest scheduling platform. Basically, it works like group boards.
How do Tailwind tribes work?
- First, you have to find relevant tribes to join. You can follow other people invites or review Tribe directory to find relevant Tribes.
- There are both free access and closed tribes. For closed tribes, tribe’s owner can approve or decline your participation.
- Once you’re accepted, you’ll receive this information in your email. Then you can upload your pins to the tribe.
- Currently, Tailwind has limited free pins and tribes, the specific numbers will depend on when you sign up, whether or not you’re paying for a plan, etc.
Do Tailwind tribes really work?
While many people find instant success with Tailwind tribes, there is no guarantee and it matters on several factors: what topic your blog is all about? How active are the tribes you’re on? How active on the tribes are you?
I manage to get some views daily but Tribes is not what makes me keep using Tailwind. It’s possible that I haven’t found the right tribes just yet. Also, I’m not really focusing on them.
Tailwind is a better choice for those who want to purchase yearly plans since you can save money big time – you get 4 months for free! Besides that, the annual plan gives an option to have unlimited monthly pins.
If you want to give it a try first, make sure to grab a free month on this platform. (Here’s a quick guide on how to activate it: once you’ve signed up, choose the upgrade option. It’ll show that you have to pay $0. So sign up for that and cancel if it won’t be necessary afterward. If you don’t do this, you’ll just get the standard 100 trial pins – not the free month).
Tailwind is considered as the best marketing tools to follow your stats and improve your pin scores but it also has many other great features to use:
- Board lists. You can create lists with similar boards and pin to all of them at once.
- Smart Loop. This is still in Beta testing (as of June 2018) but it’s a great feature that repins your best-performing pins after a decent amount of time. Basically, you don’t have to follow the stats on your own, you can just use this loop.
- You can invite collaborators. So there’s an easy option for more people to work on your Pinterest, for example, if you’ve taken on an assistant.
Is Tailwind worth your time & money?
Pinning new content on a daily basis is one of the first requirements to see the success of this platform. Tailwind pins each of your scheduled pins as FRESH content and it’s really the easiest way to fulfill this requirement. I consider this to be one of the main reasons why Tailwind really is the best Pinterest scheduling tool.
I used to spend hours per day creating new pins (literally) but now – I have scheduled around 60 pins/per day, divided on all my boards, both my personal and group boards.
Besides that, since Tailwind is Pinterest’s official partner, Pinterest officials have already said that it does not matter whether you pin manually or schedule your pins – they all have the same value!
Tailwind is really easy to use and totally worth it if you’re looking forward to saving some time on a daily basis.
At the end of the day, I’m absolutely happy I discovered this platform. Pinterest is my no.1 traffic referral and the return definitely is a lot bigger than the investment.